Friday, June 3, 2011

Ironing Board facelift

Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew!  Look how gross that ironing board cover is!!!  Okay, stop looking at the nasty part, I promise it'll get better!  So I laid the old gross cover on the fabric I had left over from my Ikea futon slipcover 'cause I I like the fabric and it was free. 
 I cut about an inch around it. 
(Oh my goodness...I'm so glad I ripped the carpet out and did hardwood)
 I took a good look at how the old cover was constructed.  I don't have a serger but a zig-zag stitch is just as good for this project.  First I did a zig-zag to kind of finish the raw edge of the new cover.
 Then I pulled the cord out of the old, and laid it on the new.  
 I set my machine on the widest width I could and an average length for my machine is a 2.  It worked out nicely.
 I zig-zagged over it all the way around, leaving a little space at the narrow end of the ironing board.
 I put it on, pulled it and cinched it in and tied it to keep it snug. And know I'm in love with my new ironing board!  Almost enough to iron more...maybe not...sorry honey!
The best thing about this project was that it was FREE and it only took about 20 minutes!  WOO-HOO!  I like free and fast! (and exclamation points apparently)

What quick fixes have you done around your house lately?

Lots o' love,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment